Flat Roofing in Chelmsford
Do you have an old flat roof that is in a serious need of an update? Have you been getting leaks due to the outdated material used? If you have an old flat roof, then it will likely be a casualty to bad weather at some point. Cracks and dips are usually the culprit when it comes to leaks. Generally made from asphalt or mineral felt, a more traditional flat roof will usually only last around 10 to 15 years.
However, EPDM (Ethylene Polypropylene Diene Monomer) rubber roofing is a popular option, due to the many benefits that come with it. Not only can it put up a fight towards bad weather conditions, it is also low maintenance and durable. The tough material helps to prevent tears, and the insulation qualities are high. This not only makes it a cost efficient choice, due to how long it lasts (over 50 years with regular inspections!) but the installation time is also fast and simple.
So, what other benefits are there to using a rubber material? One example, is that it suits most types of roof. Another is that it is easy to clean.
Due to being a flat roof, if you have trees around your house it can be susceptible to leaves and moss. But you can easily use a hose or brush, to clear away any mess that may accumulate. Another great thing about rubber roofing, is that it is very unlikely your roof will develop blisters. However, it’s always best to keep an eye out for them, and if you do find any we will sort it out for you.
A few points to think about…
- Rubber roofing uses materials that are recycled, therefore being eco-friendly.
- If there is any damage, then repairing jobs are simple.
- It is made specifically for your roof, with the required overhang for a simple fit. The material is also lightweight, as it is not as cumbersome as asphalt.
- No welding or heat needed when fitted, therefore being a lot safer for roofers. There is no need for any specific tools.
- Fire resistant, adding to the durability and safety of the material.
- Aesthetically appealing. Due to the dark colour it doesn’t easily show any mess.
We will do our very best to help you make a decision. As roofing is our forte, we can give you advice on what is best when it comes to your home. After all, we want you and your family to feel safe and protected against the elements. So when it comes to deciding what flat roof to have, it’s best to weigh out the benefits. Yes it may be cheaper to have the more traditional roof. But you will find yourself paying out for repairs more often. So you can rest assured that replacing your flat roof for a stronger material, will be worth it on the long run.
We also supply a number of building services, including; plastering and rendering,
chimney rebuilds, general brickwork and extension builds. For more information,